Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Scary bloke!


He is doing well but the nature of the operation has left him in a lot of pain which they are trying to monitor. While I was there they had to move him and change his dressings (they asked me to leave while they did this). This is very painful, but must be done every few hours. He has the full attention of Carrela a very capable nurse who seems to pander to his every need – luckily right now that only involves administering pain medication, fluids, and cleaning his mouth out etc.

He spoke to me but keeps drifting in and out. He is aware of what is going on around him and the doctors and nurses are all pleased with his progress. He will remain in the ICU until at least tomorrow afternoon. It is very sad seeing him so ill, but I am sure by tomorrow I will see a huge improvement.

Kath

1 Comments:

At 7:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hang in there Kathy. I've been thinking of you so much over the last 24 hours. Thank God for Blogs!! As an ex-patient I can tell you that the pain is like childbirth...the worst possible thing you can imagine but somehow you forget it over time (actually, it's like having breech (sp?) quintuplets!). Unlike childbirth, you never have to go through it again and every day brings a new triumph.

Give Roger a kiss from us.

Love and positive vibes,

Monica and Guy
xx

 

Post a Comment

<< Home